Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!
Ahuatotli, the Blind is one of the three major bosses found within the Azurite Mines. He is located in The Grand Architect’s Temple.
The Grand Architect’s Temple is identified with the following symbol:
Once the player enters the arena and approaches Ahuatotli, he will stand there for 5 seconds before becoming vulnerable and start using his abilities.
Ahuatotli will go into a Darkness Phase during the fight. At this point, the room will become dark and the player will begin stacking Darkness Damage. The player has a choice of either using their flares, or relying on the 2 small areas of light that will move around the arena.
This arena contains 4 turrets in each corner. They each will shoot out a laser beam, applying corrupting blood and spin 360 degrees. The Turrets can be turned off by standing on the red switches in the corners of the arena. Darkness does surrounds the arena, so be sure not to venture to the outskirts for too long.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken and Reduces Cold damage taken during by 20% flask effect.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage taken when hit.
- Determination – Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge.
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Soul of Solaris – Grants 6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is one nearby enemy, 20% chance to take 50% less area damage from hits and 8% reduced elemental damage taken if you haven’t been hit recently.
- Soul of Tukohama – Grants 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction each second, up to a maximum of 8%, while stationary and 0.5% of Life Regenerated per second each second, up to a maximum of 2%
Bleeding Damage Mitigation:
- “of Staunching” – Flask mod that removes bleeding and grants bleed immunity during flask effect
- Soul of Ralakesh – 25% chance to Avoid Bleeding and 25% reduced Physical Damage Over Time Damage Taken while Moving.
General Rule of Thumb:
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be fully Slowed, Knocked Back, or Stunned
- 80% reduced Curse Effectiveness
- 2100% Maximum Life
- 30% Cold, Fire, and Lightning Resistance
- 15% Chaos Resistance
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
Ahuatotli casts a small red circle on the ground that explodes after a short period of time dealing Physical Damage.
Ahuatotli creates an expanding ring on the arena floor that explodes after a few short seconds. This explosion deals large amounts of Physical Damage.
Ahuatotli casts a very large blood bubble over his head and launches it at the player. This projectile travels very slow but explodes on impact dealing large amounts of Physical Damage.
Ahuatotli begins summoning small blood bubbles that will stack in the air around the arena. He then will fire all of the bubbles as projectiles down at the player. This attack is very deadly and has many projectiles and deals Physical Damage.
Ahuatotli charges up, releases several small Blood Novas, and then slams the ground unleashing a large expanding Blood Nova that deals Physical Damage.
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
- Ahkeli's Mountain Ruby Ring
- Putembo's Valley Topaz Ring
- Uzaza's Meadows Sapphire Ring
- Cerberus Limb Blood Sceptre
- Doryani's Machinarium Maze Map