When the player enters Esh’s Domain, there will be a Breach Hand on the ground at the start. The main objective is to quickly kill everything in the map and not to run out of time. Once this hand is triggered, a countdown timer will begin and the Breach will start stretching throughout the entire map. The player must continuously kill the Breach monsters to extend the timer and uncover the boss arena. Rare enemies add the most time to the timer. If timer runs out, the expansion of the Breach will stop.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Lightning Damage Mitigation:
- Purity of Lightning – Grants an additional 4% Maximum Lightning Resistance.
- Topaz Flask – Increases Maximum Lightning Resistance by 6% during flask effect.
- Divination Distillate Large Hybrid Flask – Grants 4% to all Maximum Elemental Resistances during Flask Effect. This will help mitigate any elemental damages taken.
- “of Grounding” – Flask mod that removes Shocks and grants Shock immunity during flask effect.
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Soul of Arakaali – Grants 5% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time, 10% chance to Avoid Lightning Damage when Hit, and 30% reduced Effect of Shock and Shock Duration on You.
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Vaal Grace – Grants 24% to 34% Chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- 30% Fire, Cold, and Lightning Resistance
- 15% Chaos Resistance
- Cannot be Frozen or Knocked Back
- 60% Reduced Curse Effectiveness
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
Esh blasts a narrow, long burst of Lightning Damage.
Esh charges up for a few seconds and casts a very large Shock Nova that deals heavy Lightning Damage and nearly covers the entire arena. This is best avoided by run to the opposite side of the area.
Esh casts Lightning Orbs that move slowly toward the cast point. These orbs last for a total of 30 seconds and deal Lightning Damage.
Esh calls all of the Lightning Orbs back to his location.
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
- Chance to drop Blessing of Esh
- Chance to drop Hand of Thought and Motion
- Chance to drop Esh’s Mirror
- Chance to drop Voice of the Storm