Farrul, First of the Plains is one of the 4 main Spirit Beast Bosses. He is located in Farrul’s Den.
This boss encounter is a multi part process. We will take you through how to grant access to Farrul, how to fight him, and how to deal with the final craft that you receive after capturing them.
Accessing Farrul’s Den
In order to grant access to Farrul’s Den, you will first need to capture a Ferric Tiger Alpha. This beast is found randomly throughout Wraeclast. You can also pick one up over at poeapp. This beast can be identified with the following symbol:
Once you have come across this beast, Einhar will automatically capture it like any other beasts that one would encounter in the wild. The beast will be placed into the player’s Menagerie. From this point, the player will need to travel to their Menagerie and interact with The Blood Altar. On the crafting list, there will see a section called “Open a Portal…” Under this section, there is an option called “to Farrul’s Den.”
Select this option and press the craft button. This will begin a small beast encounter where you will have to fight 4 beasts. The objective is to kill all of these beasts. After completing this small challenge, 6 portals will then be opened to Farrul’s Den around The Blood Altar. If the player dies during this encounter, the Ferric Tiger Alpha will be lost and must be acquired again.
Once all the monsters are slayed, 6 portals will open, granting access into Farrul’s Den.
When you go through one of the portals, the player will enter a small area free of monsters with a door that leads into the arena. The fight will begin once the player approaches the center of the arena. His attacks can be found HERE at the bottom of this guide.
Once he has reached a total of 50% Maximum Life, a Spirit Bubble will be placed upon the player, teleporting them to a new location. To get back to Farrul, the player must fight his way through a short linear area filled with monsters. The fight will continue once the player reaches the final arena and last until the spirit boss has been slain. Farrul is guaranteed to drop 1 of his unique items.
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
Farrul slams the ground in front of him dealing area damage and releasing a large shock wave of damage. Both attacks deal Physical Damage.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Recommended Pantheon Point Allocation:
- Soul of Ralakesh – 25% chance to Avoid Bleeding and 25% reduced Physical Damage Over Time Damage Taken
- Soul of Solaris – Grants 6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is one nearby enemy, 20% chance to take
50% less area damage from hits and 6% reduced physical damage taken if there is only 1 nearby enemy
- Soul of Tukohama – Grants 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction each second, up to a maximum of 8%,
while stationary and 0.5% of Life Regenerated per second each second, up to a maximum of 2%
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage
taken when hit.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Determination– Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge.
- Fortify Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken
and Increases Maximum Cold Resistance during flask effect.
Bleeding Damage Mitigation:
- “of Staunching” – Flask mod that removes bleeding and grants bleed immunity during flask effect
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier
to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Vaal Grace – Grants 24% to 34% Chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells
- Quartz Flask – Grants 10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells and Phasing during Flask Effect.
- Frost Wall -Creates a wall of ice that is very useful in
protecting yourself from damage.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be fully slowed
- 60% reduced Curse Effectiveness
- 15% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 7% Chaos Resistance(Part 1)
- 25% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 13% Chaos Resistance(Part 2)
- 45% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 22% Chaos Resistance(Maps)
Crafting Aspect of the Cat
After you have completed this encounter and the spirit boss has been slain, Einhar will capture Farrul automatically. This is the beast that is required for the Aspect of the Cat craft on The Blood Altar. Once he has been captured, this recipe will appear on The Blood Altar.
When applying this craft to an item, place your item in the altar and click craft on the “-Aspect of the Cat skill.” For more information on Beastiary Crafting check out PerryThePig’s Guide on Crafting.
When clicking craft, this will begin another fight similar to the fight required to open the portals, but a bit more challenging.