Fenumus, First of the Night is one of the 4 main Spirit Beast Bosses. He is located in Fenumus’ Lair.
This boss encounter is a multi part process. We will take you through how to grant access to Fenumus, how to fight him, and how to deal with the final craft that you receive after capturing them.
Accessing Fenumus’ Lair
In order to grant access to Fenumus’ Lair, you will first need to capture a Fenumal Hybrid Arachnid Beast. This beast is found randomly throughout Wraeclast. You can also pick one up over at poeapp. This beast can be identified with the following symbol:
Once you have come across this beast, Einhar will automatically capture it like any other beasts that one would encounter in the wild. The beast will be placed into the player’s Menagerie. From this point, the player will need to travel to their Menagerie and interact with The Blood Altar. On the crafting list, there will see a section called “Open a Portal…” Under this section, there is an option called “to Fenumus’ Lair.”
Select this option and press the craft button. This will begin a small beast encounter where you will have to fight 4 beasts. The objective is to kill all of these beasts. After completing this small challenge, 6 portals will then be opened to Fenumus’ Lair around The Blood Altar. If the player dies during this encounter, the Fenumal Hybrid Arachnid Beast will be lost and must be acquired again.
Once all the monsters are slayed, 6 portals will open, granting access into Fenumus’ Lair.
When you go through one of the portals, the player will enter a small area free of monsters with a door that leads into the arena. The fight will begin once the player approaches the center of the arena.
Once he has reached a total of 50% Maximum Life, a Hallucination will be placed upon the player, causing blurred vision while minions are being summoned. The player will be teleported shortly after to a new arena to finish the rest of the fight with Fenumus.
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
Fenumus fires a mortar from his tail. This projectile bounces and then forks a total of 6 times. These mortars have a small area of effect with each bounce and dealing Physical Damage with 25% Converted to Chaos Damage.
Fenumus charges up his tail with a green electric-like charge around this tail. He then slams the ground in front of him, spreading webs on the ground and dealing Chaos Damage per second. If the webs attach to the player, they will cause a 50% reduced Movement Speed buff for a total Duration of 3 Seconds. The overall ground effects have a base duration of 12 seconds.
Fenumus summons several spiders to aid him during the fight.
Fenumus retreats underground and reappears near the player.
There are 4 webbed pillars around the arena of the second phase. These pillars let out chaos spiders that shoot out in a nova around the arena.
Fenumus shoots out a small volley of 8 projectiles dealing Physical Damage.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Recommended Pantheon Point Allocation:
- Soul of Solaris – Grants 6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is one nearby enemy, 20% chance to take
50% less area damage from hits and 6% reduced Physical Damage taken if there is only 1 nearby enemy
- Soul of Tukohama – Grants 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction each second, up to a maximum of 8%,
while stationary and 0.5% of Life Regenerated per second each second, up to a maximum of 2%
- Soul of Shakari– Grants 5% reduced Chaos Damage taken and immunity to poison.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage
taken when hit.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Determination– Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge.
- Fortify Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken and Increases Maximum Cold Resistance during flask effect.
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier
to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Vaal Grace – Grants 24% to 34% Chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells
- Quartz Flask – Grants 10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells and Phasing during Flask Effect.
- Frost Wall -Creates a wall of ice that is very useful in
protecting yourself from damage.
Chaos Damage Mitigation:
- Amethyst Flask – Grants 35% Chaos Resistance during Flask Effect. This Utility Flask that can be
found easily or bought for cheap. An alternative to this flask would be Atziri’s Promise Amethyst
- “of Curing” – Flask mod that removes Poison and grants Poison immunity during flask effect.
- Ming’s Heart – Increases Chaos Resistance by 49% to 63%. This unique ring is particularly useful to
use due to its high amounts of Chaos Resistance, but comes with a cost of reduced Maximum Life and Energy Shield. It can also be bought for rather cheap, making it an easy item to
- The Broken Crown – Increases Chaos Resistance by 43% to 61%. This unique helm comes in second
place in terms of having the most Chaos Resistance on an item. The Broken Crown is also the cheapest and easiest to acquire.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be fully Slowed
- Poison on Hit
- 200% increased Poison Duration
- 60% reduced curse effectiveness
- 15% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 7% Chaos Resistance(Part 1)
- 25% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 13% Chaos Resistance(Part 2)
- 45% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 22% Chaos Resistance(Maps)
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
Chance to drop at least 1 of the following items:
Crafting Aspect of the Spider
After you have completed this encounter and the spirit boss has been slain, Einhar will capture Fenumus automatically. This is the beast that is required for the Aspect of the Spider craft on The Blood Altar. Once he has been captured, this recipe will appear on The Blood Altar.
When applying this craft to an item, place your item in the altar and click craft on the “-Aspect of the Spider skill.” For more information on Beastiary Crafting check out PerryThePig’s Guide on Crafting.
When clicking craft, this will begin another fight similar to the fight required to open the portals, but a bit more challenging.
Be the first to comment