Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!
I – Introduction
The Guardian of the Chimera is the boss for the Pit of the Chimera Map. He is one of the four Guardians of The Void. Each Guardian drops one of the four map pieces that are required to access The Shaper’s Realm. He dual wields claws and deals Physical Damage and Bleeding.
II – Boss Fight
The boss fight begins once the player enters the arena and contains 2 major phases, boss and minion phases.
Once The Chimera reaches 75% Maximum Life, he leaves the arena and spawns powerful minions. He will return to the arena once all minions are dead.
The Chimera reaches 50% Maximum Life, leaves the arena, and spawns minions. He will again return once all minions are dead.
III – Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken and IReduces Cold damage taken by 20% during flask effect.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage taken when hit
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
Chaos Damage Mitigation:
- Amethyst Flask – Grants 35% Chaos Resistance during Flask Effect. This Utility Flask that can be found easily or bought for cheap. An alternative to this flask would be Atziri’s Promise Amethyst Flask.
- “of Curing” – Flask mod that removes Poison and grants Poison immunity during flask effect.
General Rule of Thumb:
- Avoid these bad Affixes on maps
- Increased Monster Damage
- Unique Boss deals increased Damage/Attack/Cast speed
- Monsters deal Extra Damage as an Element
- Monsters have increased Critical Strike Chance/Multiplier
- Increased Monster Movement/Attack/Cast Speed
- Players cursed with Temporal Chains
- Increased Monster Life
- Unique Boss has increased Life/Area of Effect
IV – Modifiers
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be Frozen, Poisoned, Chilled, Inflicted with Bleeding, Knocked Back, or Fully Slowed
- Temporary Taunt Immunity
- 80% Reduced Curse Effectiveness
- 40% Fire, Cold, and Lightning Resistance
- 25% Chaos Resistance
- 1228% Maximum Life
V – Abilities
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
The Chimera slashes with his claws when the player is in close range. This attack deals Physical Damage.
Several smoke clouds appear around the arena and The Chimera disappears into one of them. The player gets attacked until The Chimera is found. This is done by running through each cloud of smoke. Find him as quickly as possible since the damage during this attack cannot be evade or dodged.
A large red circle appears on the ground around The Chimera. Anything within the circle gets slashed in rapid succession 5 or 6 times. This attack deals lots of Physical Damage. Be sure to get out of the circle as quick as possible.
The Chimera charges up and attacks 3 times. The first 2 strikes, he attacks with a single claw. The last strike, he attacks with both claws at once. This attack deals Physical Damage and can be easily avoided if side stepped.
The Chimera charges forward and slashes in a line in front of him, dealing Physical Damage inflicting Bleed for 5 seconds.
The Chimera leaves the arena and spawns one of three types of minions; Goatmen dealing Physical Damage, Snakes dealing Chaos Damage, and Helions dealing Fire Damage. These minions can only be spawned one time per fight.
The Chimera quickly dashes toward the player dealing Physical Damage.
VI – Rewards
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
- 100% Chance to drop Fragment of the Chimera
- Chance to drop Obscurantis Lion Pelt
- Chance to drop The Scourge Terror Claw