I – Introduction
The Minotaur is the map boss of The Maze of the Minotaur. He is one of the four Guardians of The Void. Each Guardian drops one of the four map pieces that are required to access The Shaper’s Realm.
II – Boss Fight
This fight begins once the player gets close enough to the Minotaur. He deals Physical and Lightning Damage. The arena contains Lightning Walls that activate applying a shock and slowing debuff on the player.
III – Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Lightning Damage Mitigation:
- Divination Distillate Large Hybrid Flask – Grants 4% to all Maximum Elemental Resistances during Flask Effect. This will help mitigate any elemental damages taken.
- Topaz Flask – Increases Maximum Lightning Resistance by 6% during flask effect
- “of Grounding” – Flask mod that removes Shocks and grants Shock immunity during flask effect.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage taken when hit
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
General Rule of Thumb:
- Stay out of the circles that form from The Minotaur’s slam.
- Avoid these bad Affixes on maps
- Increased Monster Damage
- Unique Boss deals increased Damage/Attack/Cast speed
- Monsters deal Extra Damage as an Element
- Monsters have increased Critical Strike Chance/Multiplier
- Increased Monster Movement/Attack/Cast Speed
- Players cursed with Temporal Chains
- Increased Monster Life
- Unique Boss has increased Life/Area of Effect
IV – Modifiers
- Cannot be Frozen, Knocked Back, or Stunned
- Temporary Taunt Immunity
- 80% Less Curse Effectiveness
- 40% Fire/Cold/Lightning Resistance
- 25% Chaos Resistance
V – Abilities
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
The Minotaur brings his mace over his shoulder and strikes at the player dealing Lightning and Physical Damage.
The Minotaur raises his mace over his head and slams the ground in a large area. This attack leaves an area on the ground where rocks will fall from the ceiling damaging the player with Physical Damage. The base duration of the falling rocks is 35 seconds. Try to overlap these slams to prevent them from taking up too much of the arena.
The Minotaur burrows underground, travels a short distance, and emerges dealing lethal amounts of Physical Damage.
The Minotaur raises his mace over his should and unleashes a large area of damage.
Every time the Minotaur loses 20% of his Maximum health, one Lightning Wall will be activated. This Lightning Wall applies a debuff that reduces attack, cast, and movement speed, as well as applying Lightning Damage Over Time.
VI - Rewards
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
- Guaranteed Fragment of the Minotaur
- Chance to drop Brain Rattler Meatgrinder
- Chance to drop The Brass Dome