Want to go AD free?Become a Patron today!
So you have a loot room in the middle of no where and you do not know how to get there.
What do you do?
Here is some general information regarding hidden loot rooms and their connections.
- Each room is connected by a pathway(the pathway that The Crawler uses between rooms).
- Each room can only have 1, 3, or 4 connections but not just 2.
- Dead end rooms do not connect to a hidden room, unless it connects to more than 1 hidden room or if the path is more than 5 tiles away.
- 2-way nodes can very rarely exist, when the path would be too long to be generated otherwise.
- Rooms with only 2 connections are typically an indication that there is a secret connection attached
- You ALWAYS need an empty grid for the wall to be in.
- Hidden rooms can only be access by blowing up Fractured Walls
Now that the basics are out of the way, let’s walk through one together. Take a look at the image below.
Ok, so we know how we just said that it NEVER can be a 2 way connection and dead end rooms never connect to a hidden room, well this is true a high percentage of the time. It is possible for this to occur:
Identifying Possible Locations
Identify all the rooms that have 2 or 3 connections and eliminate all other options.
The 2 bottom nodes can not be possible options in this case. The direction that is visible, already has a path (left node) or no space for fractured wall (right node). Same goes for the 2-way you show to go down, there is no space for the fractured wall. You ALWAYS need an empty grid for the wall to be in.
Seeking The Fractured Wall
Explore all the possible locations that you have identified. When exploring these locations, you will need to go in one of the 4 main geographic directions(North, East, South or West).
Opening Fractured Wall
You will need both Flares and Dynamite for this step. When exploring the possible locations, you are looking for a fractured wall located somewhere in The Darkness. You can find this on the mini-map marked with this symbol:
Once you have located The Fractured wall, it can destroyed by using dynamite.
Loot the Rewards
Once The Fractured Wall has been destroyed, the connected pathway will appear on your minimap. From here, return back to where The Crawler is located. The Crawler is now able to travel to this location.
Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!