2. Boss Fight
3. Tips and Tricks
Rigwald has simple fight mechanics but can be quite difficult to face due to the arena mechanics. Rigwald will start the fight with a short dialog, attack with his Spirit Wolf Barrage, go into Wolf Phase, and chase you around the arena while he his invulnerable. He will repeat this process over and over. Occasionally Rigwald will teleport to a different location within the arena.
- Blade Vortex Traps
- Lightning Tendril Minions
- Ethereal Knives Traps
- Poison Dart Traps
- Essence Drain Traps
- Enfeeble Curse Aura
- Temporal Chains Curse Aura
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage
taken when hit.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Determination– Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge.
- Fortify Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Soul of Solaris – Grants 6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is one nearby enemy, 20% chance to take
50% less area damage from hits and 6% reduced physical damage taken if there is only 1 nearby enemy
- Soul of Tukohama – Grants 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction each second, up to a maximum of 8%,
while stationary and 0.5% of Life Regenerated per second each second, up to a maximum of 2%
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken
and Increases Maximum Cold Resistance during flask effect.
Bleeding Damage Mitigation:
- “of Staunching” – Flask mod that removes bleeding and grants bleed immunity during flask effect
- Soul of Ralakesh – 25% chance to Avoid Bleeding and 25% reduced Physical Damage Over Time Damage Taken
General Rule of Thumb:
- Use the rocks and trees to dodge the Spirit Wolf Barrage attack.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- 60% reduced Curse Effectiveness
- 30% Fire, Cold, and Lightning Resistances
- 15% Chaos Resistance
Empowered Wolf Phase
- Cannot Be damaged
- Cannot be Knocked back, Stunned, Chilled, Frozen, Shocked, or Ignited
- Curse Immunity
- Corrupting Blood on hit
- Maim on Hit
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
See a mistake or want to add something? Leave a comment!
Help us make this the best possible guide for new players.
Missing information? Contact us! – Enjoying the content? Support us!
Be the first to comment