This boss encounter can be very short but can also be deadly if not adequately prepared.
Saqawine Retch has very few attacks. These are very easy to familiarize yourself with. This fight can become very difficult if the Retch is allowed to stack many of his blood bombs and his minions are not slain quick enough.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Recommended Pantheon Point Allocation:
- Unable to change Pantheon Points while in a map
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage
taken when hit.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Determination– Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge.
- Fortify Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken
and Increases Maximum Cold Resistance during flask effect.
Bleeding Damage Mitigation:
- “of Staunching” – Flask mod that removes bleeding and grants bleed immunity during flask effect
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier
to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Vaal Grace – Grants 24% to 34% Chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells
- Quartz Flask – Grants 10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells and Phasing during Flask Effect.
- Frost Wall -Creates a wall of ice that is very useful in
protecting yourself from damage.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Far Shot
- 20% Increased Projectile Damage
- 0% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 0% Chaos Resistance(Part 1)
- 25% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 13% Chaos Resistance(Part 2)
- 45% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 22% Chaos Resistance(Maps
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
We were unable to capture a gif of his default attack. If YOU can find/make one, share it with us and we will add it here!
Saqawine Retch creates blood bombs that deal Physical Damage and cause bleeding on hit. These last for a longer period of time.
Saqawine Retch teleports to a nearby location.
Saqawine Retch summons bird minions to aid him during the fight.