Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!
The Constrictor is located in the Sea of Isolation, Islands of Devastation, or in the Ruins of Despair. He is one of four of the Guardians of The Elder. This Elder Guardian replaces the map boss.
The Constrictor is both a ranged and melee attacker. He deals Physical Damage and always Poisons. The player is constantly tangled by Grasping Vines throughout the fight. These vines slow the player can be stacked up to a total of 10. Move to break the strangle of the vines.
The Constrictor can spawn in 1 of 3 possible arenas. Each one has its own special arena effects.
- The Island of Devastation
- Contains small greed pods that explode on contact dealing Poison Damage.
- Contains small white flowers that shatter on contact dealing Cold Damage.
- The Ruins of Despair
- Stage 1: Arena contains areas of Poisoned Ground.
- Stage 2: Arena contains frogs that will spawn and chase the player around the arena. These frogs will explode on contact dealing Cold Damage.
- Stage 3: Arena contains Giant Gladiator Statues with very high health and damage.
- The Sea of Isolation
- Stage 1: Arena contains Frostbolts that chase the player around the arena. These Frostbolts will explode on contact dealing Cold Damage Over Time.
- Stage 2: Arena contains water pillars that shoot from the ground and deal Cold Damage.
- Stage 3: Arena contains waves of water that jump around the area dealing Cold Damage.
Each Elder Guardian fight phases depend on what tier map they’re spawned in. Two phase fights are split at 50% Maximum Life. Three phase fights are split at 66% and 33% Maximum Life.
- White Maps = 1 Phase
- Yellow Maps = 2 Phases
- Red Maps = 3 Phases
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
The Constrictor swings his sword, striking the player. This attack deals Physical Damage.
The Constrictor charges the player dealing area damage with his swords. This attack deals Physical Damage.
The Constrictor combines his swords and dashes sideways while firing 4 projectiles at the player. These projectiles deal Physical Damage.
The Constrictor stops, charges his bow, and fires a large, green projectile. This projectile deals heavy Physical Damage.
The Constrictor fires 4 volleys of multiple projectiles at the player. These projectiles have different flight patterns and can cross paths with one another. These projectiles deal Physical Damage and can stack poison very quickly.
The Constrictor slashes the area in front of him and jumps backwards slowly into the air while firing many projectiles that explode on impact at the player. The initial attack maims on hit, reduces the players movement speed by 30%. These attacks both deal Physical Damage.
The Constrictor leaps into the air and fires a large exploding projectile at the ground. This explosion then expands outs like “sunder in a nova.”
The Constrictor spawns four mirror versions of himself to aid during his fight. These minions last for a total of 10 seconds.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Recommended Pantheon Point Allocation:
- Soul of Solaris –
- 6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is one nearby enemy, 20% chance to take
- 50% less area damage from hits and 6% reduced Physical Damage taken if there is only 1 nearby enemy
- 8% reduced Elemental Damage taken if you have not been hit recently
- Take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes if you have taken a Critical Strike Recently
- 50% chance to avoid Ailments form Critical Strikes
- Soul of Lunaris –
- 1% Additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
- 1% increased Movement Speed for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
- 10% chance to Avoid Projectile Damage
- 5% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells if you’ve been hit recently
- Avoid Projectiles that have Chained
- Soul of Shakari–
- 5% reduced Chaos Damage taken
- Immune to poison.
- Kaom’s Roots – DOES NOT Prevent grasping vines effect
- MUST USE Soul of Shakari to gain Immune to Poison.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage
taken when hit.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Determination– Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge.
- Fortify Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken
and Increases Maximum Cold Resistance during flask effect.
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier
to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Vaal Grace – Grants 24% to 34% Chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells
- Quartz Flask – Grants 10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells and Phasing during Flask Effect.
- Frost Wall -Creates a wall of ice that is very useful in protecting yourself from damage.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be fully slowed
- Poison on hit
- 200% increased poison duration
- 80% reduced Curse Effectiveness
- 40% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 25% Chaos Resistance(Maps)
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
Be the first to comment