Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!
The Enslaver is located in the Desert of Dementia, River of Hysteria, or Wastes of Lunacy. He is one of four of the Guardians of The Elder. This Elder Guardian replaces the map boss.
The Enslaver can spawn in 1 of 3 possible arenas. Each one has its own special arena effects.
- The River of Hysteria
- contains fireball projectiles that that deal Fire Damage.
- The Desert of Dementia
- Phase 1: Contains cyclones that deal Physical Damage Over Time and move freely about the arena.
- Phase 2: Larger stationary cyclones spawn in the arena.
- Phase 3: Smaller much faster cyclones spawn moving around the arena.
- The Wastes of Lunacy contains flame geysers and Volatile Dead Projectiles that both deal Fire Damage.
- Phase 1: Fire Pillars are spawned in the arena that deal Fire Damage Over Time.
- Phase 2: Volatile Fire Orbs spawn around the arena.
- Phase 3: Four rotating Fire Pillars inhabit the arena.
Each Elder Guardian fight phases depend on what tier map they’re spawned in. Two phase fights are split at 50% Maximum Life. Three phase fights are split at 66% and 33% Maximum Life.
- White Maps = 1 Phase
- Yellow Maps = 2 Phases
- Red Maps = 3 Phases
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
The Enslaver throws a small volley of 3 projectiles at the player.
The Enslaver sidesteps and throws 6 projectiles towards the player. These projectiles stick to the ground and detonate after a short period of time. The projectiles deal Physical Damage and Fire Damage while the explosions deal Fire Damage. The best way to avoid damage is to run away to stay away from the explosions.
The Enslaver backs up while throwing 4 pairs of projectiles in a line, towards the player. These projectiles stick to the ground and detonate dealing Fire Damage. These projectiles deal Physical Damage and Fire Damage.
The Enslaver levitates into the air, unleashes a large volley of projectiles, and slams down onto the ground. The projectiles stick into the ground and detonate after a short period of time causing overlapping explosions. These projectiles deal Physical Damage and Fire Damage.
The Enslaver fire 6 large, fiery projectiles that turn into minions. These projectiles deal No Damage. The minions have a duration of 25 seconds.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Recommended Pantheon Point Allocation:
- Soul of Solaris –
- 6% Physical Damage Reduction if there is one nearby enemy, 20% chance to take
- 50% less area damage from hits and 6% reduced Physical Damage taken if there is only 1 nearby enemy
- 8% reduced Elemental Damage taken if you have not been hit recently
- Take no Extra Damage from Critical Strikes if you have taken a Critical Strike Recently
- 50% chance to avoid Ailments form Critical Strikes
- Soul of Lunaris –
- 1% Additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
- 1% increased Movement Speed for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
- 10% chance to Avoid Projectile Damage
- 5% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells if you’ve been hit recently
- Avoid Projectiles that have Chained
- Soul of Abberath
- Grants 5% reduced Fire Damage taken while moving
- Unaffected by Burning Ground
- 50% reduced ignite duration.
Fire Damage Mitigation:
- “of Dousing” – Flask mod that removes Burning and grants Ignite immunity during flask effect.
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage taken when hit
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Purity of Fire – Increases the Maximum Fire Resistance and grants Fire Resistances
- Ruby Flask – Increases Maximum Fire Resistance by 6% during flask effect.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage
taken when hit.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Determination– Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge.
- Fortify Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken
and Increases Maximum Cold Resistance during flask effect.
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier
to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Vaal Grace – Grants 24% to 34% Chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells
- Quartz Flask – Grants 10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells and Phasing during Flask Effect.
- Frost Wall -Creates a wall of ice that is very useful in protecting yourself from damage.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be fully slowed or Knocked Back
- 518% increased Burning Damage
- 80% reduced Curse Effectiveness
- 40% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 25% Chaos Resistance(Maps)