Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!
The Purifier is located in The Halls of Delirium, Pits of Sorrow, or in The Vaults of Insanity. He is one of four of the Guardians of The Elder. This Elder Guardian replaces the map boss.
The Purifier is both a ranged and melee attacker. He deals heavy Physical Damage.
Each one of the arenas has its own area effects. The Halls of Delirium contain orbs that appear on the sides of the arena and explode in a large Physical Damage area of effect. The Pits of Sorrow contains randomly placed Physical Damage explosions throughout the arena. The Vaults of Insanity contains beams that form and move about the arena. These beams deal Fire Damage.
Elder Guardian fight phases depend on what tier map they’re spawned in. When an Elder Guardian is spawn in a white map, there will be only 1 phase. If the Elder Guardian is spawn in a yellow map, there will be 2 phases. The second phase begins when the guardian is at 50% Maximum Life. When the Elder Guardian is spawned on a red map, there will be a total of 3 phases. The last 2 phases will occur when the guardian is at 66% and 33% Maximum Life.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Physical Damage Mitigation:
- Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask – Converts Physical Damage taken to Cold Damage Taken and
Reduces Cold damage taken by 20% during flask effect.
- Basalt Flask – Grants 15% Physical Damage Reduction during flask effect.
- Granite Flask – Grants +3000 Armour during Flask Effect.
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage
taken when hit
- Determination – Grants 32%-51% more armour.
- Endurance Charges – Grants 4% Physical Damage reduction per Endurance Charge
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier
to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Fast Attacks
- Cannot be fully Slowed
- 80% reduced Curse Effectiveness
- 40% Fire, Cold, and Lightning Resistance
- 25% Chaos Resistance
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
The Purifier attacks with his mace when in close range.
The Purifier marks a location on the arena and triggers a divine light blast dealing Physical Damage.
The Purifier ascends and unleashes 16 volleys of swords that hit the ground and explode once all swords have reached their final destinations. These deal heavy Physical Damage and can over lap in their area of effects.
The Purifier charges up in the air and slams the ground with both of his weapons creating 2 large explosions. This attack deals high Physical Damage.
The Purifier ascends into the air and throws both weapons one at a time. Each weapon will create a large explosion of Physical Damage.
The Purifier ascends into the air and throws a weapon as a spectral copy. This copy explodes when it reaches its end point. This spectral weapon deals Physical Damage.
The Purifier summons Animate Weapons that aid him during the fight. These last a total of 20 secs.
The Purifier summons 7 tentacles in a circle. Each tentacle wields a spear and throws it into the center of the summon circle.
This boss has a chance of dropping: