Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!
Here are some “unwritten rules,” for trading with others in PoE
Step 1: Choose a resource
- There are several resources that are typically used for trading
- Primary Resources:
- Secondary Resources:
- Trade chat (such as /trade 1, 2, etc.). Lots of spam, here.
- In-game noticeboard (default key, to access: ‘s’ on your keyboard > public parties). Requires being in the right place, at the right time, to see whatever you’re hoping to see (probably not ‘out there,’ anyways; on ANY town’s noticeboard (just go to trading website – much easier)).
- The official poe forums. Its a lot like emailing someone, if you try contacting a seller. Could take a while, before your message gets seen. Many players do not even acknowledge logging into poe’s official site, that often anyways, so… Again, probably best to just go to a trading website.
Step 2: Contacting a seller, on trading websites
- Once you find the item you’re looking for, and the seller of the item is online; you can then click the copy whisper button, then – in-game – press enter to enter the chat console > paste the whisper > wait for an invite to the seller’s party (then accept it (if you get one)).
- If you receive and accept the invite, the next step is pretty ‘key.’ That is: The BUYER is to enter the HIDEOUT of the SELLER (not the other way around; generally, not in a town either).
- Once in their hideout, you (or them) will right click the other person, in the party list > click ‘trade’ > put your items/currency in your respective trade window (after the trade request to whichever person is sent, and the other person accepts it) > mouse over the stuff your receiving > click ‘accept.’
- At this point, the trade is complete! Congrats and enjoy your new, shiny things.
Recap/Summary of the process…
- Go to your website of choice
- Copy whisper
- Paste whisper in-game
- Wait for invite (move on to the next seller of your item of interest, if you get impatient (rather than spamming that person))
- Accept the invite
- Grab currency of yours, while you’re still near a familiar stash (ie- a town or your own hideout)
- Go to the SELLER’s hideout
- Send/Accept trade request, once in seller’s hideout
- Put items into trade window > mouse over > click accept
Armed with this info, you’ll make for a good player to trade with… Ahhh, if only they were all so smooth!