The Twisted Synthete is one of the 5 main bosses found in Cavas’ Fragment memories inside the Memory Map.
The Twisted Synthete will appear on the Memory Map Randomly(possibly only after you have completed Cavas’ Memory). Once it appears, the player will need to use their Memory Fragments to create a path to the boss area.
Once the player has reach this Boss Node, they will enter a small area containing the Decaying Map Device. This map device needs to be interacted with before it will open 6 portals. Next, the player will fight their through a map like area, similar to the City Square Map, before finding the portal leading into the Boss Arena. Once, inside this arena, the player will see Cavas’ spirit and a Distant Memory Stabilizer. This Stablizer will need to be interacted with in order to spawn The Twisted Synthete. The encounter is pretty straight forward compared to other bosses and contains no phases.
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
The Twisted Synthete fires beams out of both of his hands and spins in a circle quickly. This attack deals lots of Lightning Damage. It is best to have a fast movement skill to avoid the beams. If you stand near The Twisted Synthete, it is easier to stay out of the beams.
The Twisted Synthete summons Stationary Filaments around the arena that aid him during the battle.
The Twisted Synthete summons a mid-sized Vortex that deals Lightning Damage Over Time and slows the player.
The Twisted Synthete casts a single ball of lightning that travels slowly across the arena dealing Lightning Damage.
The Twisted Synthete shoots a laser at one of the Filaments on the side of the arena. The beam then refracts and bounces from Filament to Filament. This laser deals Lightning Damage.
The Twisted Synthete shoots out a projectile that explodes in a small area dealing Lightning Damage. After the explosion, several small projectiles form and fire back towards The Twisted Synthete. There are 3 different versions of this attack; one single projectile, a cluster of projectiles that overlap, and one where he will shoot 4 projectiles in a cross pattern.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Recommended Pantheon Point Allocation:
- Soul of Arakaali –
- 5% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time
- 10% chance to Avoid Lightning Damage when Hit
- 50% increased recover of Life and Energy Shield if you have stopped taking Damage recently
- 30% Reduced Effect of Shock and Shock Duration on you
- 25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time
- Soul of Ryslatha
- Life Flasks gain 3 charges every 3 seconds if you have not used a Life Flask Recently
- 60% increased Life Recovery from Flasks used when on Low Life
Lightning Damage Mitigation:
- Purity of Lightning – Grants an additional 4% Maximum Lightning Resistance.
- Topaz Flask – Increases Maximum Lightning Resistance by 6% during flask effect.
- “of Grounding” – Flask mod that removes Shocks and grants Shock immunity during flask effect.
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier
to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
- Vaal Grace – Grants 24% to 34% Chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells
- Quartz Flask – Grants 10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells and Phasing during Flask Effect.
- Frost Wall -Creates a wall of ice that is very useful in protecting yourself from damage.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be fully Slowed, Stunned, or Knocked Back
- 66% reduced curse effectiveness
- 10% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 5% Chaos Resistance(Part 1)
- 20% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 10% Chaos Resistance(Part 2)
- 40% Fire, Cold, Lightning, and 25% Chaos Resistance(Maps)
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
Chance to drop: