Want to go AD free? Become a Patron today!
Xoph is located in Xoph’s Domain. This can only be accessed by using an Xoph’s Breachstone in your map device. This is obtained by combining 100 of Xoph’s Splinters.
When the player enters Xoph’s Domain, there will be a Breach Hand on the ground at the start. The main objective is to quickly kill everything in the map and not to run out of time. Once this hand is triggered, a countdown timer will begin and the Breach will start stretching throughout the entire map. The player must continuously kill the Breach monsters to extend the timer and uncover the boss arena. Rare enemies add the most time to the timer. If timer runs out, the expansion of the Breach will stop.
Tips and Tricks
This is a compiled list of some precautions one should consider before facing this challenge.
Fire Damage Mitigation:
- Purity of Fire – Increases the Maximum Fire Resistance and grants Fire Resistances
- Ruby Flask – Reduces Fire damage taken by 20% during flask effect.
- Divination Distillate Large Hybrid Flask – Grants 4% to all Maximum Elemental Resistances during Flask Effect. This will help mitigate any elemental damages taken.
- Arctic Armour – Grants 8-13% less Physical Damage when hit and 8%-12% less Fire Damage taken when hit
- “of Dousing” – Flask mod that removes Burning and grants Ignite immunity during flask effect.
- Fortify – Grants 20% reduced damage taken from ALL damage types.
- Soul of Abberath – Grants 5% reduced Fire Damage taken while moving and 50% reduced ignite duration.
- Quicksilver Flask – Increases movement speed during flask effects. Aids in dodging attacks.
- Movement Skill – Allows player to quickly dodge attacks.
- Stibnite Flask – Creates a smoke cloud, inflicting blind during flask effect. This makes it easier to avoid damage since monsters can not target the player directly if blinded.
- Decoy Totem – Taunts enemies causing them to target the totem instead of the player.
Here are all of the modifiers that affect this boss.
- Cannot be Knocked Back or Frozen
- 30% Fire, Clod, and Lightning Resistance
- 15% Chaos Resistance
- 1459% Maximum Life
These are all of the attacks that this boss uses. With the use of these gifs, you are able to see the animation of each attack to better familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics.
Xoph hits the player with his hand when they are in close range.
Xoph slashes the area in front of him with his hand dealing Physical and Fire Damage. This attack has high damage and range.
Xoph creates a fiery vortex around his body. This hits 10 times a second and lasts 7.5 seconds. Xoph leaves burning ground as he move. Once Xoph reaches 35% Maximum Life, this buff will last 180 seconds. The Vortex and Burning ground both deals Fire Damage.
Xoph jumps into the air and slams down creating a fiery sunder. At the end of the Sunder, a Fire Cyclone forms and forks into 2 more Sunders. These 2 will form a Fire Cyclone at the end of their travel. Once Xoph is below 70% Maximum Life, a second fork will occur creating a total of 7 cyclones. The duration for these cyclones are 12 seconds. The Sunder and Cyclones deal Fire Damage.
Breach hands will appear around the arena. If these are touched, they will spawn minions to aid Xoph during the fight.
“Xoph’s Favoured” are summoned from these portals. They deal melee damage and can use flame breath, leaving burning ground for 5 seconds.
These minions can also use Rallying Cry.
Here are all the possible items that can drop from this boss fight.
- Chance to drop Blessing of Xoph
- Chance to drop Xoph’s Inception Bow Bone
- Chance to drop The Formless Flame Siege Helmet
- Chance to drop Xoph’s Heart Amber Amulet